“Simplify, Simplify, Simplify!” is a mantra that many decluttering experts have repeated.
If you are looking for some inspiration many quotes about decluttering can inspire you to simplify your life.
In this blog post, we have curated 51 quotes on decluttering that you need to help motivate you to live a clutter-free life.
Table of Contents
This post may contain affiliate links. If you click on them we may earn a small affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
Quotes About Decluttering
Decluttering can be a daunting task, but it doesn’t have to be. These quotes about decluttering will give you some encouragement and ideas for starting your decluttering project.
Decluttering quotes can help you get started on a mission to declutter your home and life.
Read these to get inspired, or use them as a starting point for your thoughts and ideas for a simpler life and simple living.
Quotes About Decluttering To Get You Started
1. Clutter is caused by a failure to return things to where they belong. Therefore, storage should reduce the effort needed to put things away, not the effort needed to get them out.” ― Marie Kondo
2. “Out of calmness comes clarity.” ― Trevor Carss
3. “Clutter is nothing more than postponed decisions” ― Barbara Hemphill
4. “Tidying is the act of confronting yourself.” —Marie Kondo
5. Out of clutter, find simplicity. From discord, find harmony. In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity.” ― Albert Einstein
6. “Minimalism is the constant art of editing your life.” ― Danny Dover
7. “Outer order contributes to inner calm.” — Gretchen Rubin
8. “Remember: you are not what you own. Storing all those books doesn’t make you any smarter; it just makes your life more cluttered.” —Francine Jay
9. “Clutter is not just the stuff on your floor, it’s anything that stands between you and the life you want to be living.”-Peter Walsh
10. “When you live surrounded in clutter, it is impossible to have clarity about what you are doing in life.” Karen Kingston
Decluttering Quotes For Motivation And Inspiration
Decluttering quotes for motivation and inspiration is something that everyone needs at some point in their lives.
Decluttering is not easy. But with the right mindset and help from others getting rid of all the clutter is not impossible.
If you are serious about learning to tidy up your house or life there are many courses available on platforms like Udemy which will set you on the right track.
Decluttering is not a one-time event. It is a process that takes time and patience.
However, declutter quotes and sayings can help motivate and instill discipline in you during the decluttering process.
Inspirational Decluttering Quotes Perfect To Motivate You
1. “Instead of thinking I am losing something when I clear clutter, I dwell on what I might gain.” ― Lisa J. Shultz
2. “We don’t realize how excess stuff draws on our energy until it’s removed.” ― Mary Vraa
3. Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautiful – William Morris
4. Owning less is better than organizing more – Joshua Becker.
5. The more you have the more occupied you are. The less you have the more free you are – Mother Theresa.
6. “Simplicity boils down to 2 things: identify the essential & eliminate the rest”-Leo Babauta
7. “Happiness is a place between too little and too much”- Finnish Proverb
8. ‘Later’ is the best friend of clutter”-Peter Walsh
9. “Clutter is nothing more than postponed decisions”- Barbara Hemphill
10. “In a sense, clutter is the end result of procrastination”- Jeff Campbell
Decluttering Your Life Quotes
Decluttering your life can be difficult. Yet with a little effort and encouragement, it can be done.
These quotes about decluttering the mind are perfect for those of you who are hesitant to make changes to your lives. You may be afraid that something will go wrong.
However, it is only the first steps that you take that may look a bit difficult. As you put in the effort to declutter your life the path gets easier.
Quotes About Decluttering Your Life To Help You Get Started
1. “Clutter is not just physical stuff. It’s old ideas, toxic relationships, and bad habits.”- Eleanor Brown
2. “At its heart, clutter is a lack of peace.”- Kathi Lipp
3. “Clutter is the physical manifestation of unmade decisions fueled by procrastination.” Christina Scalise
4. “Clutter doesn’t just occupy the house in which you live, it occupies your mind.” Avina Celeste
5. Letting go of physical clutter also declutters the mind and soul. – April Williams.
6. “Clearing out clutter – be it physical, mental, emotional, or spiritual – brings about ease and inspires a sense of peace, calm, and tranquillity.” Laurie Buchanan
7. “Keeping baggage from the past will leave no room for happiness in the future.” Wayne L. Misner
8. “Don’t let anyone rent space in your head unless they are a good tenant.” George Couros
9. Once we give up being attached to physical possessions, we find the time and freedom to follow bigger dreams – Joshua Becker.
10. “Get rid of clutter and you may just find it was blocking the door you’ve been looking for”- Katrina Meyer
11. “Love people, use things. The opposite never works.”- Joshua Fields Millburn & Ryan Nicodemus, The Minimalists
Quotes About Cleanliness
Quotes about cleanliness have existed since time immemorial. They can be either positive or negative, but they all have one common theme: cleanliness is important.
Quotes about a clean house can be found everywhere, but what do they mean? Some say that cleanliness is next to godliness. While others believe that it’s essential for a healthy mind and body.
In any case, these quotes on cleanliness provide a glimpse into the hearts and minds of people who care about keeping their surroundings tidy.
Motivational Cleaning Quotes For Inspiration
1. “The ability to simplify means to eliminate the unnecessary so that the necessary may speak.”- Hans Hofmann
2. “Minimalism isn’t about removing things you love. It’s about removing the things that distract you from the things you love.”- Joshua Becker
3. “Nothing inspires cleanliness more than an unexpected guest.”-Radhika Mundra
4. “In order for something new to take place in your life you have to away old things – sometimes literally – declutter your life, declutter your mind.” – Marie Kondo
5. “When I declutter, it reminds me what a beautiful space I live in” – Jennifer Tritt
6. “The best way to declutter your home? Donate or sell items that you no longer use” – Nicole Yu
7. “Forget about perfect! Just declutter in order to make room for a better life” – Leon Brown
8. “Decluttering isn’t easy, but once you start getting things out, it gets easier and easier.”- Steve Maraboli
9. “For me, a calm house equals a calm heart equals a calm life.”– Erica Layne
10. “Your home should be the antidote to stress, not the cause of it.”– Peter Walsh
Quotes On Decluttering- Minimalist Quotes
Decluttering is a process of organizing and cleaning up the environment to make it easier to live in and live more efficiently.
Minimalism is a great way to clear up your life and reduce the clutter in your home.
It can be done through anything from sorting through old clothes to taking down pictures and posters from the walls.
10 Quotes On Decluttering To Inspire You To Start Your Minimalist Journey!
1. Clutter steals energy and Joy – Monika Kristofferson
2. Out of Clutter find simplicity- Albert Einstein.
3. Having Too much of anything results in chaos, confusion, and clutter- Geralin Thomas.
4. Clutter causes stress and is one of the main barriers of productivity- Charisse Ward
5. Clutter is stuck energy- Karen Kingston.
6. Be content with what you have; rejoice in the way things are. When you realize there is nothing lacking, the whole world belongs to you- Lao Tzu.
7. Chaos precedes order- Deepak Chopra
8. Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication- Leonardo Davinci
9. Your home is a living space, not a storage space- Francine Jay.
10. “The more things you own, the more they own you.” — Unknown
Final Thoughts On Quotes About Decluttering
In conclusion, decluttering your home and your life can be incredibly beneficial for your mental and emotional health. It can help you
• to focus on the important things in life
• make you feel more organized
• to make you feel in control.
Decluttering can be an incredibly freeing experience. It can help you to appreciate what you have and to streamline your life.
We hope that these Quotes about decluttering will inspire you to make a start today!!
If you are feeling overwhelmed by clutter, start small and take it one step at a time. You will be amazed at how much better you feel once you have decluttered your home and your life.
If you are inspired by these quotes about decluttering you will also find the motivation to develop a growth mindset by reading our post on Savage Growth Mindset Quotes.