We all procrastinate at some point in our lives. Whether it’s putting off studying for an exam or avoiding starting that new diet, procrastination is a behavior we’re all familiar with. But why do we do it? And how can we overcome it?
These 51 funny quotes about procrastination will make you laugh while giving you the motivation to get things done!
We’ve all been there. That moment when you realize you’ve been procrastinating and the task at hand is now looming over you like a dark cloud. It’s a feeling we’re all too familiar with but often find hard to explain.
To help you understand this universal human experience, we’ve compiled a list of 51 funny quotes on procrastination that will make you smile. It will help you feel okay about procrastinating as long as it does not affect your way of life.
Table of Contents
Why Do We Procrastinate?
It’s 2 a.m., and you’re staring at a blank Word document. You’ve been procrastinating on this paper for days, and now you’ve run out of time. Why do you do this to yourself? Why do you put off important tasks until the last minute?
Procrastination is a common problem that can have negative consequences. It can interfere with work, school, and personal relationships.
People put things off for many reasons. Some being
· afraid of failing
· not being interested,
trying to be perfect.
· the task at hand is too daunting
. don’t know where to start.
Whatever the reason, procrastination is something that we all struggle with at one point or another. Yet, procrastination can be overcome with effort and perseverance.
The Funny Side Of Procrastination
Procrastination is often seen as a negative character trait. It is associated with laziness and slothfulness. Yet, there can be a funny side to procrastination – after all, why put off until tomorrow what you can laugh about today?
At times, there can be some benefits to putting off tasks. For one, it can give you time to mull over an issue and come up with a more creative solution.
It can also be a way of managing stress by giving yourself a break from a demanding project. And in some cases, procrastination can simply be the result of being disorganized or forgetful.
In this post, we look at the funny side of putting things off and collect 51 funny quotes about procrastination. They will help you understand the potential benefits of procrastination and the perils of taking things too far.
Put It Off to Tomorrow Quotes
There is something about funny procrastination sayings. They make you laugh and at the same time make you realize the demerits of the habit of procrastinating.
It’s the age-old question: should you do something now, or wait until tomorrow? “Putting it off until tomorrow” has become synonymous with procrastination, but is that always a bad thing?
Let’s explore some of the most famous procrastination quotes about putting things off to see if there might be some benefits to taking your time and not saying stop.
Here Are Some Funny Procrastination Quotes About Putting Things Off Until Tomorrow
1. “If it weren’t for the last minute, nothing would get done.” ― Rita Mae Brown
2. “I am a person who works well under pressure. In fact, I work so well under pressure that at times, I will procrastinate in order to create this pressure.” ― Stephanie Pearl-McPhee
3. “Never put off till tomorrow what may be done the day after tomorrow just as well.” ― Mark Twain
4. “I’m going to stop putting things off, starting tomorrow!” ― Sam Levenson
5. “Procrastination always gives you something to look forward to.” ― Joan Konner
6. “I love deadlines. I love the whooshing noise they make as they go by.” -Douglas Adams
7. “Work is the greatest thing in the world, so we should always save some of it for tomorrow!” -Don Herold
8. I like work: it fascinates me. I can sit and look at it for hours. I love to keep it by me: the idea of getting rid of it nearly breaks my heart.” — Jerome K. Jerome
9. “Procrastination is something best put off until tomorrow.” — Gerald Vaughan
10. “If you want to make an easy job seem mighty hard, just keep putting off doing it.”- Olin Miller
11. “I think of myself as something of a connoisseur of procrastination, creative and dogged in my approach to not getting things done.” ― Susan Orlean
12. “Procrastinate now, don’t put it off.” ― Ellen DeGeneres
13. “One of the greatest labor-saving inventions of today is tomorrow.” ― Vincent T. Foss
14. “Procrastination is the thief of time” ―. Edward Young
15. I’m just moving clouds today, tomorrow I’ll try mountains- Ashleigh Brilliant16. “Procrastination makes easy things hard, hard things harder.” ― Mason Cooley
Funny Quotes About Procrastination
There’s nothing funnier than funny procrastination quotes. And there’s nothing more frustrating than trying to get work done when you’re feeling lazy.
Funny Quotes About Procrastination That May Make You Laugh And Help You Procrastinate Less
1. “I have an advanced degree in procrastination and another one in paranoia.” Joanne Harris
2. “A good procrastination should feel like you’re inserting lots and lots of commas into the sentence of your life.” Ze Frank
3. “Procrastination is in my genetic code.” Joe Buck
4. “You can’t just turn on creativity like a faucet. You have to be in the right mood. What mood is that? Last-minute panic. “-Bill Watterson
5. “I see procrastination and research as part of my artistic process.” Lynn Nottage
6. “Procrastination is the art of keeping up with yesterday.” – Don Marquis
7. “I swing between procrastination and being really thorough so either way things aren’t getting done quickly.” – Freema Agyeman
8. “Procrastination is like a credit card; it’s a lot of fun until you get the bill.” ~Christopher Parker
9. “Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn’t the work he is supposed to be doing at that moment.” ~Robert Benchley
10. “The least productive people are usually the ones who are most in favor of holding meetings.” – Thomas Sowell
11. “How does a project get to be a year behind schedule? One day at a time.”-Fred Brooks
12. “Procrastination is the lazy cousin of fear. When we feel anxiety around an activity, we postpone it.”-Noelle Hancock
13. “A primary reason people don’t do new things is because they want to do them perfectly – first time. It’s completely irrational, impractical, not workable – and yet, it’s how most people run their lives. It’s called The Perfection Syndrome.”- Peter McWilliams and John-Roger
14. “Procrastination is like going to a fancy restaurant and filling up on bread and not leaving enough room for dinner.” – Richie Norton
15. “What may be done at any time will be done at no time.” – Scottish Proverb
16. “I remember reading somewhere about an organization called Procrastinators Anonymous. I think they had been in existence for some years but had never gotten around to having a meeting.” – Unknown
17. “It was my fear of failure that first kept me from attempting the master work. Now, I’m beginning what I could have started ten years ago. But I’m happy at least that I didn’t wait twenty years.”-Paulo Coelho
18. “Action will destroy your procrastination. “-Og Mandino
19. “I think I grew a grey watching you procrastinate. “- Brandon Boyd
20. “If you want to make an easy job seem mighty hard, just keep putting off doing it.” ― Richard Miller
21. “Anything is better than doing what I’m supposed to be doing.”― Maureen Johnson
22. “A perfect method for adding drama to life is to wait until the deadline looms large.”-Alyce P. Cornyn-Selby
23. “We don’t have anything as urgent as mañana in Ireland.”- Stuart Banks
24. “I’m a big believer in putting things off, In fact, I even put off procrastinating. – Ella Varner
25. Do you know what happens when you give a procrastinator a good idea? Nothing! Donald Gardner
Overcome Procrastination Funny Quotes
Procrastination is the bane of many people’s productivity. It can be difficult to overcome, but luckily some funny quotes about procrastination can help motivate you.
Quotes On Procrastination To Inspire You To Accomplish Your Goals
1. “Don’t wait for someone to take you under their wing. Find a good wing and climb up underneath it.” -Frank C. Bucaro
2. “A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week.” -Gen. George Patton
3. “Take time to deliberate; but when the time for action arrives, stop thinking and go in.”-Napoleon Bonaparte
4. “Do the hard jobs first. The easy jobs will take care of themselves.”-Dale Carnegie
5. “Get started. Do something. Sign up for an aerobics class or go for a ride on your bicycle. Movement is the best remedy for procrastinating.” -Anthony Herrera
6. “Getting an idea should be like sitting on a pin; it should make you jump up and do something.” – E. L. Simpson
7. “Stop talking. Start walking.” – L.M. Heroux
8. “Yesterday is a canceled check. Tomorrow is a promissory note. Today is the only cash you have, so spend it wisely.” – Kim Lyons
9 “Dost thou love life? Then do not squander time, for that is the stuff life is made of.” ― Benjamin Franklin
10. “It is better to have loafed and lost than never to have loafed at all.”- James Thurber
Why We Shouldn’t Feel Guilty About Procrastinating
Procrastination is a common phenomenon that affects people of all ages. Although it is often associated with negative connotations, procrastination can be beneficial in certain situations.
There are many reasons why people procrastinate. Understanding the motives behind this behavior or habit can help you overcome any feelings of guilt that you may have about it.
So the next time you find yourself procrastinating, don’t beat yourself up about it.
Here are three reasons why you shouldn’t feel guilty about procrastinating
1. Procrastination can improve the quality of your work.
2. It can increase your creativity.
3. It can help you manage your time better.
How To Overcome Procrastination
Procrastination is a common issue that many people face. It can be a difficult habit to overcome, but it is possible. There are a few key things you can do to make overcoming procrastination easier.
Here are five tips to help you overcome procrastination
1. Understand why you are procrastinating.
2. Set small, achievable goals.
3. Make a plan of action.
4. Remove distractions.
5. Put yourself in a positive mindset.
Funny Quotes About Procrastination- Key Takeaways
In conclusion, if you’re struggling with procrastination, know that you’re not alone. The next time you’re feeling overwhelmed or unsure of where to start, remember these funny quotes about procrastination and let them inspire you to take that first step.
These funny quotes about procrastination show that even successful, well-known people have struggled with putting things off. So take heart, and keep moving forward one step at a time.
Want to beat procrastination? Read our blog post on the 40 healthy habits you can start today to reclaim your life.
Gratitude Journaling is another great way to usher positivity into your life. DOWNLOAD the gratitude journal we have designed for you.
If you want to create or design your own habit trackers, journal checklists, or planners you can try out Creative Fabrica and download more planners and printables.